Art and Positive Thinking

Welcome to my Renee Loves Art blog!

My focus is exploring, creating and reflecting upon the positives of life and connecting them to my art whether it be photography, pen and ink drawings, watercolour paintings, mixed media, digital media or any other possible media I dive into!


I hope you join me on my art adventure!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Positively Cute Valentines, Face 13

Hey, cool cat!  If you’ll agree to be my Valentine, you’ll make my heart purr!
 Have a super, terrific and remarkable day!                                               
This positively cute kitten has been a special feature on my Valentines that I have made in the past two years for my students.  I often take a picture of each student, make a special catchy saying and make the Valentines on the computer.  This year I decided to use some of the visual journaling techniques to make my Valentines instead of using photographs and the computer.

Valentines 2013

On the backs, I wrote a little message to each child, and included, "Made with Love by Mrs. Dowling." Well, they are not as personalized and cute as the previous years, but they were a lot less stressful to make and more fun too!

I hope your day tomorrow and every day is filled with lots of love and chocolate!  
I prefer dark chocolate!

The images are soul property of Renee Dowling.

2 comments:

  1. What a great teacher you are! I'll bet your students will treasure those handmade valentine's for a long time to come! The gesture says volumes about your dedication and caring for your students! And I love the kitten face:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting and for the positive encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving specific comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!