Art and Positive Thinking

Welcome to my Renee Loves Art blog!

My focus is exploring, creating and reflecting upon the positives of life and connecting them to my art whether it be photography, pen and ink drawings, watercolour paintings, mixed media, digital media or any other possible media I dive into!


I hope you join me on my art adventure!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Positively One Line Faces (19-32)

I have been spending a lot of time drawing faces and visiting other artists' blogs that have been drawing faces too.  I have become quite a fan of one artist's technique of one line faces.  Check her faces out at http://denthe.blogspot.ca/ The whole face is positively created with one continuous line, once the pen is placed to paper, the pen does not lift until the face is done!  I have allowed myself to cross lines and double back, and I fought the urge to lift my felt pen.  It is a very good brain work out and once you get started, I guarantee it will be hard to stop.  There are soooooo many possibilities.  Where should I start on the face?.... What shape of the face shall I try next?... Will it be male or female?  Will it be .... you get the idea.  It was especially enjoyable making the faces in a handmade mini daily drawing book.  If I messed up, so what?  It is cheap paper and a book of progress.  It is positively challenging and fun to create one line faces!  Here are a few:

My first one line face!













So many possibilities, not enough time in the day.
 This art challenge is keeping me up late and I am feeling even more sleep deprived than usual.
Oh, well, I am positively in it to learn and grow, one line at a time!

The images are soul property of Renee Dowling, but inspired by
Thank you, Denthe, for helping me grow!

6 comments:

  1. wonderful to see your one line drawings.... i love line art also. but have only once tried a one line piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try more! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. You did an amazing job! I remember when I took a college course in figure drawing years ago, we had to do a one line drawing too! It is difficult to not lift that pen!

    Love your faces!
    Hugs,
    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Thanks for your positive comments!

      Delete
  3. One line drawings are such fun and Denthe is a very inspirational lady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving specific comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!