Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Facing the Challenge

On one of the blogs I follow, the blogger has accepted the challenge of creating 29 faces in any medium, in thirty days of September.  I have officially put my name on the challenge page, and I thought I would positively face the challenge.  I am going to use different media.  Tonight I used 2HB/soft pencil and thick watercolour paper.  The man is one of my favourite faces I spotted in Lethbridge this summer at Shakespeare in the Park.  I am curious about where he originally came from and why he is wearing a toque with snowflakes and a suit, t-shirt and a dress shirt, as it was about 36 degrees during the day.  I also found the contrast of his face, old and wrinkled against his rather modern shirt casually unbuttoned at the top, sort of preppy and interesting.  After the performance, I spotted him with his companions off in the distance walking very hunched and probably all a maximum of four feet tall.  I wonder if he spent many hours working in a village field bent over harvesting by hand? Just as I am sure he has faced many challenges in his life, I am going to positively accept the challenge of drawing a face a day for the rest of September.



Facing the Challenge, Face 1


Beautiful Man

The art is soul property of Renee Dowling.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to use her image in any way,
please contact her at

Comments

  1. Looks great! It is so hard to make wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ayala for you compliment and your great idea for the challenge!

      Delete
  2. I am really loving all these drawings/sketches. And WOW! I can't believe the number of participants. Good Going, Ayala! Wish I had time to post on everyone's individual submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to see so many ideas and talented people across the globe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts