Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Unexpected

It's the positively unexpected things that that turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary day!  I have the usual exhaustion, not out of the ordinary for June. The moment I sit down, the school year catches up with me, my head bobs and I am out like a light bulb.  So naturally, when I woke up, it was nine o'clock and I didn't have anything for my blog that I created for today.  I decided to go outside for fresh air, and of course took my camera with me. It was lightning and thought I would try to capture that on camera.  Ya, right.  After much time passing, I decided to call it quits.  I placed my camera inside and called my dog to the door to go out for her nightly "duties" before bed.  That is when the positively unexpected thing happened.  The wind had temporarily subsided, I looked up and suddenly a great blue heron silently glided over the garage, then gracefully waving its wings, it aviated into the dark stormy sky, turning my day from ordinary to extraordinary. Herons are one of my favourite birds, next to owls.  It seems that the silent positively unexpected things that occur instantaneously and for a short period of time tend to alter our days for the better!

I decided to record the experience in a metaphorical different way, since my camera was inside while I was outside.  Take a peek!

The Heron Silently Glided



The Heron's Wings Spread Silently


Ordinary to Extraordinary


The Wings Spread in Unison


It's The Little Things That Make a Difference


There Are So Many Possibilities



What Will Happen Next?



Its Neck Craned



Gracefully Waving


And Then It is Gone 


The photographs are "soul property" of Renee Dowling.
If you would like to purchase her photos or use them in any way,
 please contact her

Comments

Popular Posts