Art and Positive Thinking

Welcome to my Renee Loves Art blog!

My focus is exploring, creating and reflecting upon the positives of life and connecting them to my art whether it be photography, pen and ink drawings, watercolour paintings, mixed media, digital media or any other possible media I dive into!


I hope you join me on my art adventure!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Positively Excited

I am positively excited!  With this rainy weather, I had no excuse to go outside and photograph, so I followed my horse's advice from Friday night, "If you would get your nose from behind your camera, you would make time to paint!"  I spent the afternoon swept away painting and listening to music.  It is a marvellous feeling to be so wrapped up in something I enjoy so much!
Actually, my horse Puddin' doesn't know that I have been painting, but it hasn't been anything that I wanted to share.  I have also been doing a sketch a day while I wait for my photos to upload onto my blog.  Last week I started a watercolour painting of a red fox, only using red, blue and yellow.  It started off, well...I was ready to toss it out and start over, but I kept adding to it, letting it dry and adding layers, a little each day.  Finally, today I had a breakthrough, and figured out how to fix it.  I am excited about the results.  I used a black tipped fine tipped marker to outline and add small details, and I used watercolour pencils to fix up the area near the fox's snout.  I was trying to put a hole in front of him, but it ended up being a dark ugly focal point...so after a bunch of alterations, I turned the ugly into pretty rocks.  I think so anyways.  I have spent the day researching red foxes so that I can create a children's story to go with it.  So for now, here is the painting that I am positively excited about...

Waiting Patiently

This watercolour painting is "soul property" of Renee Dowling.
If you wish to use the image,
purchase the painting
 or have her paint a picture for you,
please contact her at

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...you should be excited! That's amazing! Good luck with the story research! It's going to be wonderful:)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving specific comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!