Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Tiny

It is easy to get caught up in big events in our lives, but it is the positively tiny things that can make us melt into a pool of mush. Last night, something pulled me to the barn to take photos.  It could have been the looming storm.  It could have been that it was getting dark and I desired to find something interesting to photo.  I opened our half barn door and thought I would try to capture the storm from that perspective.  The pictures didn't inspire me, so I closed the door, turned off the lights and went back to the house.  Had I listened to the pull that was summoning me to the barn, I would have taken a few extra minutes to figure out why I was being lured there.  This morning, I found out that there was a reason for the nagging desire to go to the barn.  There were four positively tiny kittens in the barn.  Yippee!  So cute, so little, so innocent...wait a minute... we had all of our cats fixed... Oh, dear, it is the stray cat that Jacques Cartier brought home from his worldly travels! Not one of our cats is actually one that we have bought or chosen to bring home ourselves.  Our cat Patches had been chased away by a stray mother cat, now known as MaMa... after two batches, and a huge vet bill to get them all fixed, we thought our kitten days were over.  I love cats and kittens, don't get me wrong, but the food is so expensive.  We now have how many cats?  Let me count... Jacques Cartier, MaMa, Fluffy, Sylvester, Painted Smile, Jacques' Kitty, and four new kittens... holy smokes, that's TEN CATS!  I wonder if  Le Beaux and Patches will ever return?  And what about the two other unnamed kittens that disappeared...Yikes!  Does anyone want a kitty?  They are positively tiny... for now!
"Cats here, cats there.
Cats and kittens everywhere.
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions
 and billions
 and trillions
 of cats! "
(Wanda Gag, Millions of Cats picture book)

Diversity

I'm Sleepy

Jacques' Little Kitty (AKA the mother)
 
A Ball of Love

Birds of A Feather Stick Together


Love You

The photographs are "soul property" of Renee Dowling.
If you would like to use the photographs in any way,
 or would like a positively tiny kitty, please contact her at

Comments

  1. Hello Renee. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It was nice to see you there. I positively enjoyed your story about the kitties. I would love one but we have a Fat Cat called Merlin, two boxer dogs and a couple of mice nests here there and everywhere. I don't think i have ever seen a baby kitty before. These little ones are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story and your photos of the new kitties. I'll enjoy following along with you in blogger land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog. It seems you have a little zoo at your house too! I am enjoying seeing all of the creativity out in the world. It is fun to get feedback from other artists. It is great to "meet" you here at my blog and yours.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts