Art and Positive Thinking

Welcome to my Renee Loves Art blog!

My focus is exploring, creating and reflecting upon the positives of life and connecting them to my art whether it be photography, pen and ink drawings, watercolour paintings, mixed media, digital media or any other possible media I dive into!


I hope you join me on my art adventure!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Positively Stress Free

Today was positively stress free. No drama. I really have the itch to paint, but it is too late to start, because if I start now, I will be up really late. For sure on the weekend, I must paint. I did, however,draw today for an hour. Today, one of my students cleaned up part of the room without me asking her. Things are looking positively up! I started the daily reflection suggested in the book, "The Artist's Way", it suggests writing on three pages, whatever comes to mind. I did try to get all of my negative thinking out, by the third page, I started writing only positive, because I got all of the ick off of my chest. It is suggested to do this to unleash creativity. I have to admit it did work for me last night and today. I do feel positively stress free and more creative. The next recommendation is to make an "Art Date" with yourself, this could be time alone to study art, go for a walk, do something once a week to stimulate creativity. I did this today by studying children's art in the hallway at our school. Some students created art on tiles. I want to find out the process. The art was really colorful, carefree and modern.  At last, a positively stress free day!

If the Cliffs Could Talk

Here is a pen and ink drawing of the cliffs in the city of Medicine Hat.  When I go here, I feel positively stress free!
This art is the "soul" property of Renee Dowling.
If you wish to use this image in any way, please contact her at,
dowling@shockware.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving specific comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!