Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Refreshing

What a positively refreshing day in Lethbridge!  While Bryan was trying out for his football team, I spent the day doing Renee Loves Art things.  Selfish I know, but I spent last night freezing at the U of L football field, so I think I deserved a day on the town... what do you think?

First, I visited a store called "The Studio" and bought myself a new tube of watercolour, blue (red shade), to see if I could make different shades of green.  I bought myself a watercolour book by Claudia Nice.  I love her books, they are almost like visual journals, written in her own calligraphy.  I also bought myself a field sketch book, 5x8 because my other one is so big and heavy.  What a great little art supply store and studio.  I love all of the diverse drawing mannequins in the window display.  I should have photographed it, but I left my camera with Jeff.

I also visited Ten Thousand Villages and found the chimes I was looking for.  The sound is amazing. I also treated myself to dark chocolate with raspberries.  Yummmmmy!  I found some amazing little palm sized handmade books that I want to do a little sketch in each day.

Lethbridge has some great other stores downtown with creative interesting things...a innovative cake store, jewelry and clothing store with creative displays in antique containers like old bread pans, library card catalouge drawers...  I wish Medicine Hat's downtown was as interesting!

I spent part of the morning in CHAPTERS!!!!  I love the atmosphere there, the music, people reading, Chai Tea and of cours, gazillions of books.  I ended up buying a book called "Paint Watercolours That Dance With Light" by Edith Kincaid  and her paintings do dance with light!  I also ended up downloading several books about creativity!  So many books, so little time.

The best part of my day however, was after lunch!  I ventured to the Galt Museum (I love antiques and Canadian history...maybe I should switch grades again so I can teach the topics I love...Alberta history, the fur trade, Chinese immigrants, Native American culture, ranching, the railroad... ), then I journeyed outside to the prairie, one of my other true loves!  I took several photographs of prairie plants and flowers, the landscape, the bridge and then hiked to Fort Whoop-Up!  The scent of all the blooming bushes, and the sage was so refreshing! What a beautiful pathway they have.  Once at the fort, I fell in love with the old wood of the fort palisade!  The fort has many displays, wood buring stoves included and some great antiques.  I walked so much I wore a whole in the toe of my socks!

My goal for today's adventure was to find different patterns and designs to use in my drawings and art.  I had a positively refreshing Renee Loves Art day!


Refreshing Spring Flowers

This Way and That Way
(Palisade Walls)

Prickly Pear Cactus Patterns

Cog Patterns

The photographs are "soul property" of Renee Dowling. 
If you wish to purchase or use her photographs in any way, please contact her at

Comments

Popular Posts