Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Quick

Positively quick...well mostly quick. Actually I started this painting in my watercolour class last month, but I wanted to finish the painting tonight.  My goal for tonight was to paint quickly and to only use my paintbrush on the rocks without using pencil. I used a fine tipped marker to define areas when I was done painting.  I may try this painting again, because I could improve on the sky and mountains...what mountains...??? Exactly, they disappeared... (All which I painted and drew a month ago when I wasn't so comfortable with the watercolour paint....) I would also redraw the dock straighter so the eye leads up to the right hand corner instead of down.  Finally, I would do the masts of the boats thinner.  It sounds like I have challenged myself to redo this.   Overall, I am pleased with the quickness of my painting tonight, it was positively quick! 
Vancouver Island Dock
This watercolour painting is "soul" property of Renee Dowling.
If you would like to use or purchase this art, please contact her at
dowling@shockware.com



Comments

Popular Posts