Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Empowered

Blue Skies From Now On
I felt positively empowered today. It began at the end of my work day, sad I know, but that's how it seems to go.

Anyways, I was asked if I would accompany a previous student of mine to a special lunch. She was asked who she would like to go with and she asked if I could accompany her!

She is such a sweet girl. I have always admired her desire to try and do her best. She was and still is so appreciative and loving. I said that I would be absolutely delighted to take her.

This made me feel empowered, that I actually have made a positive impact on a student. The crazy thing is she has the same name as a special kindred spirit I mentioned in a previous post on the weekend. It goes back to that thinking about something or someone and the next thing you know it happens or you see or hear from that person shortly after.

The empowerment I felt gave me the courage to say no today. I was asked to help conduct a workshop a few weeks ago, yes it is an honour, and I agreed to help but if it was on a Tuesday. I never heard back from the person, but received a notice that the workshop is on a Wednesday. Then today I was asked if that day is good for me. I said that it wasn't because I am busy on Wednesdays with my music lessons and practice. I could have changed the schedule, but felt things were done a little backwards, so I decided it was in my best interest to say no to the day and no to having to prepare at the last minute on my long weekend.

Ahhhhh, I am getting smarter and more courageous....positively empowered!


The photograph is the "soul" property of Renee Dowling.
 If you would like to purchase or use her photographs in any way,
please contact her at dowling@shockware.com


 

Comments

Popular Posts