Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Optimistic, Day 2, #artchain



Lately, things have been a lot gloomy around here, from the weather, to emotions, but amongst all the storms, I stumbled upon this quote, and thought it soothing, and calming and positively optimistic.

It also reminded me of a very special hot summer day many, many years ago. We were all melting from the heat, when all of a sudden a sun shower burst from the clouds. All four of us were so happy to have relief at last from the heat that we all ran outside and began to dance in the rain shower. I will never forget that day, we were soaked to the gills, and we laughed and laughed and laughed, and danced and danced and danced. Even though it was a very short rain/ sun shower, the memory has lasted a very, very long time! 

Each day is a different day for me emotionally since the last devastating storm, but I have decided to dance in the rain. Today I received a wonderful sympathy card from a childhood friend. She had our old address, but on the envelop the postal carrier wrote, "Courtesy delivery!"  How generous, she must have known that the inside contained very important things!  My friend and I haven't seen each other for years, but she thought of me and sent me a beautiful card. Inside was a lovely message and some very special pictures of us when we were about five years old. Included in the pictures were pictures of my mom and dad in the 1970s. My dad had the biggest smile in the pictures and was giving the peace sign with both hands! It is hard to believe so much time has past, and my dad continued to give us smiles and peace signs until almost the day of his passing! 

 He was a prime example of how to dance in the rain! Now it is my time to dance again!

Comments

  1. that was quite a special courtesy delivery! the photos and message beautifully timely.
    yes, your art and quote are quite encouraging, for you and for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of your inspirational stories. However, my favorite was the story of your dad, because it warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face. I can see how he was an integral part of this lively and colorful journal spread about how life is what we make of it. Thanks for sharing such special moments that were brought about by a thoughtful friend and kind postman. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts