Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Penelope

It's Not the Power of the Curse, It's the Power You Give the Curse!










Yesterday I watched a movie called Penelope.  Penelope is a girl born with a curse, a pig nose.  It is believed that if she marries one of her own kind, a blue blood, the curse will be lifted.  Her very rich parents keep her hidden and even mock a funeral to keep the press from exposing her.  Penelope has everything she could possibly want, except friends and her freedom.  

Her parents' main goal is to find a blue blood groom, so the curse will be lifted.  Without telling the whole story and ruining it for you, Penelope discovers that, "It's not the power of the curse, it's the power you give the curse!"  The message of that line from the movie, aroused my brain.  A lot of us have a curse that we may be dealing with,  some us may have an impossible bulge that just won't go away, others have a bad memory, big hips, or even an illness, some of us may struggle to find inspiration; whatever the curse may be, it is important to keep perspective...Do we let the curse control us, do we do something about the curse or do we get on with our lives and change our focus?  

In the movie, the simple words, "I like myself the way I am," freed Penelope and opened the world to her.  She decided that hiding from the world was short changing her life and it was time to break free of her parents' quest to find her a suitable husband, and take charge, pig snout or not.

This movie is supposed to be a comedy, but does showcase a serious mistake many of us make, dwelling on certain things and forgetting to focus on what is truly important to us.  Once we let go of the curse or at least accept it,  one is free to do a myriad of things.   Penelope is positively a thought provoking movie.


Comments

  1. Renee! Wonderful! I have to watch the movie. I'm totally letting the curse control me. :( Boo! I need to figure things out..lovely work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i love where you got your inspiration. i think i would have been stumped on a pigs nose, well done.

    thank you for your wonderful message~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words and pic. She looks pretty determined there :) And thank you for your comments and suggestions on my blog. We always see the end result only - and have no idea of the frustrations etc involved. I love your banner btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, I appreciate it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful movie! I love your take on it! And that quote is SO true....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great movie with a powerful message! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts