Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

You Can Positively Learn From It!


This week's Sketchbook Skool Polishing Klass homework was to draw my food.  I can honestly say that I would rather eat my food than draw it, but since I signed up for the course, and I am determined to keep growing as an artist, I forced myself to sit down and just do it.  I told myself, "Renee, you are going to learn new skills by doing it, so get to it!"  I listened to myself and learned the following:



  1. Accept it as it is.
  2. Try it even if you don't really want to.
  3. Overlook the mistakes, move on ...grow.
  4. Fun will occur even if it isn't your first choice of drawing amusement.
  5. Eat your food and only draw it on occasion.

I am addicted to drawing faces.  On the way to Calgary on the very bumpy highway, I drew these faces... still learning how to shade with markers.


The funny thing is each time I drew a face, I looked at the tiny mirror on the sun visor, and all of the faces turned out differently with their own personalities!






I have now completely filled my visual journal that I started on January 5, 2016!  It feels so great that I stuck to my promise to myself to be dedicated to what I love!  I am so proud that I totally filled it from front to back, seeing my style evolve and skills develop!



This drawing above without the eyes, actually looks most like me!




I somehow ended up a male in the above drawing!  This time, my goal was to try drawing different emotions.  That was FUN!  I think my husband thought I was off my rocker  making faces in the mirror at myself.  I wonder what my son's friend, who was sitting behind me in the vehicle, thought I was doing?  He was probably thinking, "What a weirdo!  I got up early for this trip to see my friend's wacko mother making faces at herself in the mirror!..."

Oh, well, I enjoyed myself, and the three hour drive flew by!

Each time I draw a face, I keep reminding myself..."You Can Positively Learn From It!" Go, Renee, Go!


May your life be filled with things you love and don't be afraid to be a weirdo!




Comments

  1. Looks like another great week at sketchbook skool! Happy PPF. hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food art is fabulous! You have a wonderful style! Super drawings in your sketchbook too. And many congrats on filling one up from start to finish. That's something I never manage to do, lol. I always seem to make it 3/4 and then have to start a new one. I envy those who finish all of the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fresh whimsy style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketchbook is brimmed with wonderful stuff...keep at it. Observation drawing is the best type. It really makes you appreciate the joy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sketchbook is brimmed with wonderful stuff...keep at it. Observation drawing is the best type. It really makes you appreciate the joy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow good for you sticking with it! So many great sketches, the food is wonderful...Congratulation...you have more tenacity than me!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt exactly like you about this particular assignment, only just watched his videos today, but have to admit I liked my food drawing after it was done! Your jam is excellent running off the bread! Be proud. And your face making cracked me up! Love all your people drawings! And your header if I haven't already said so. See you in klass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food drawings look great! I'm glad you gave it a go. But I can understand what you mean, drawing your food before eating it definitely has its disadvantages. Wonderful drawings in your journal too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the intensity of your commitment as well as your art. I would rather eat that yummy looking toast! Well done and Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right. Any time you draw you pick up a new skill even if you don't realize it at the time. I also do what I call, "car art" I will be doing some today. The one thing from your post today is sending out such great encouragement. Go Go Go. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Practice Practice Practice. . . and it always works out. You are growing and changing and it is all good. LOL, rear view mirror. . . Your header is great too. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drawing food in one of my online lessons was hard for me too-still is but you're right to keep on going. Nice sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very prolific! So much fun to look at your stuff. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. you do amazing work in the car!!! Thats a challenge on a bumpy road,, your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful art and congrats on keeping up with the lessons. I am amazed that you could draw in a moving car and they have come out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your food looks good! And you created some great drawings even on a bumpy road. I really like the 5 things you learned from your class. Great job. Happy PPF and have a Wonderful Weekend! Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your artwork and insights! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you have filled your sketchbook with all those terrific face drawings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts