Interactive Visual Journal. Using things you already have
A visual journal is a special place where you can explore a variety of media, store special keepsakes, and try different art techniques, express yourself visually and with words, and create fun interactive parts.
Here I use a variety of things such as photo transfers on packing tape, tickets stub from a play and a movie that I went.
I painted a face and incorporated collage papers into it. I also used book pages to watercolour paint and also used sheet music.
There’s also an old map and my own photography which I printed on tissue paper.
You can journal sideways and make the journalling kind of private. People don’t usually bother to turn the book sideways.
Washi tape and archival museum book repair tape helped me to create an interactive journaling space. It is the best part of it all. I loved pop-up books when I was a kid!
Most people wouldn’t even think to pull the little tab out of the typewriter.
I thought it’d be neat to have the typewriter paper come out of the typewriter, which reveals little secret messages that I found around my studio I went to type on my typewriter.
For those of you who know me, I have an obsession of typewriters. I have a small collection.
Included in this spread are photos that I printed using my little Canon Ivy.
If you need a place to express yourself, I would highly recommend a visual journal.
If you have any questions or comments, please put them in the comment section below.
If you’re interested in learning how to visual journal, set up an appointment with me. We can create together and I can show you different ways to express yourself using mixed media!


Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!