Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Watercolour Paint is Truly Diverse in Usage


Welcome Paint Party friends.  This week's installment is another watercolour multimedia piece.  My goal for this year is to improve on drawing and painting faces.  I used ink to do the background and then adhered paper napkins to create another layer for the background.  Next used some acrylic paint, gelatos, watercolour paint, white pen and marker to add the face, words and little dots.



The second piece is a little study I completed in my watercolour class.  It was the first time that I used masking fluid to block out white in the clouds and the water.  We were also shown how to use a little stub of a brush and to wipe away access paint with a paper towel to blend the paint.  It gets rid of harsh edges and softens the transition from one colour to the next!  I love that technique!  

I was quite excited about the vibrant colours!  I usually end up with very pastel colours.  I have realized that watercolours always dry lighter and that layering is important, but layer after the colour has dried completely to prevent a muddy colour from forming or a puddle of ugly from running across the paper. Finally, mix colours with equal paint to water to create a  more vibrant colour!

I am learning more each week that watercolours are positively more diverse than I at first thought!

May your week be full of peace and art!

Thank you for all of your positive compliments last week, I so appreciate them.  I hope to visit more blogs this weekend, as I am not out of town like last weekend!

Comments

  1. Your face is striking and wonderful deep colors.
    The landscape feels like a wonderful fantasy land. Love the deep colors you achieved. For the time being I am so happy with watercolors with some pencil and ink pens. I never seem to think of using acrylics any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially love watercolour paint because there is absolutely no waste and cleanup like with acrylics. Thank you for the specific, thoughtful comments. I appreciate you!

      Delete
  2. Renee these two watercolor paintings are both vibrant and beautiful!!!
    Thank you for sharing what you are learning in your watercolor class!

    Happy PPF~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you are welcome. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment!

      Delete
  3. Hi Renee! Thank you for stopping by my blog so I could find you. Both your paintings are amazing! I love the face and the colors and shapes you used, very cool. Your second painting where you used masking fluid is truly awesome. I love the colors, the scene...everything about this painting. Great job and thank you for sharing two beautiful watercolor paintings. Have a great weekend. Hugz Rasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment! I appreciate your specific feedback.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful face, and the watercolour painting you made in class is great, glad you are having fun and learning so much there. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment! I am having fun learning!

      Delete
  5. I really like how you created the face painting. I see much interesting in it. Cool! I'd like to try something with this technique. Landscape is fine, too. You got great depth with strong colours.
    Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for leaving detailed comments. I appreciate your time and effort!

      Delete
  6. Wunderbare Farben !
    Gesichter malen ist schwer.
    Du machst es gut.
    Ich traue mich nicht oft.
    Aber ich werde weiter üben.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment! I appreciate your compliments!

      Delete
  7. beautiful colors in your pieces Renee! Love the face. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment! I appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  8. omg, those colours are sooo beautiful! I really like your face, but your landscape blows me away. Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denthe. Coming from you, a most awesome artist, this is a huge compliment!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous...love the colours. I'm experimenting with inktense because watercolours are not my friend. I revert to using them with acrylic. I have yet to find the those vibrant colours that you have, such as the pinks and yellows!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inktense watercolour pencils are awesome! I have a set and the colours are so vibrant.

      Delete
  10. Wow these are beautiful. I admire you in working in watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment!

      Delete
  11. Both of your pieces are excellent, full of colour. But I love the drama in your sky. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts