Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Starting out as an Artist: Traveling Watercolour Kits

When starting out as an artist, it is often difficult to figure out what one needs. It is so confusing when there are so many products and qualities. So I decided to make it easier for anyone interested in living a creative life. Here is an example of the little watercolour kits I am selling.

These kits are ideal for travel because they are light and easy to carry. They can fit easily into a back pocket, pencil case, backpack or purse. They would make excellent gifts for the budding artist. I am very careful to respect our environment, so they are made reusing old tins, plastic from ice cream lids and slurpy cups, an old sock, a fortune cookie message, a paper napkin, some have collaged copies my own art and messages typed using a very old typewriter.

The reusable and washable “sock top” is to put around your wrist to clean your brush or dab paint.



The plastic pullout with a tab is for a mixing palette.

The watercolour paint is professional grade from Winsor Newton, primary colours, plus magenta.
There is space for a little pool of water or to add a small brush or a few little pencil crayons or a golf sized pencil. Little pieces of watercolour paper can be added to the lid. I sold two yesterday to two very inspiring artist. I can’t wait to see what they will create. I will be making more soon. I found some beautiful vintage tins at my father in-laws house, but am always on the lookout for more. If you have any you would like to share with me, please let me know. If you have a particular quote or a picture that you would like on the top or bottom of the tin, or if you would like a name added to it, I can customize it for you. Price varies on size, amount of paint, and special requests.

Comments

Popular Posts