Art and Positive Thinking

Welcome to my Renee Loves Art blog!

My focus is exploring, creating and reflecting upon the positives of life and connecting them to my art whether it be photography, pen and ink drawings, watercolour paintings, mixed media, digital media or any other possible media I dive into!


I hope you join me on my art adventure!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Watercolour Class Was Positively Fun


Picture this:  A June Saturday calm sunny morning, eleven artists gazing and admiring green prairie grass on rolling Alberta hills, yellow canaries singing gaily in the surrounding trees, flowers proudly flaunting their delightful blooms... that is what my outdoor watercolour class was like!  It was positively fun!

Key learnings for the day:
1.  Values are very important, squint to see the differences.
2.  Experiment.
3.  Have fun.
4.  Flowers need little paint.
5.  Backgrounds show off flowers.
6.  Don't over paint.
7.  Ask yourself...What colour is it really?


 I can't wait for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving specific comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!