Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Positive Prairie Past

The autumn snow lays sleeping on the cold, leaf covered ground.  The west warm Chinook wind tries to reveal the green grass of summer.  Golden wheat once standing tall and proud in the prairie fields, now rests in wooden and metal granaries.   Yet summer still lingers in my heart and mind back to a special day when my mom, dad, son and I took a trip into the past.



Together we journeyed down dusty gravel back roads through Saskatchewan to visit my great grandparents' homestead. Many pleasant surprises in and around the house revealed themselves to us.

Hop into my parent's mini-van, there are still seats in the very back.  Sorry, I tend to get motion sick if I spend too much time gawking out the back windows seeking the right photographer's opportunity to capture the perfect shot.

We will tour through summer's past and the past of my ancestors.  Enjoy your trip.  It will last a few days, so sit back, relax and enjoy our trip through my summer memories and discoveries.


Open the gate of time!

Now that you have arrived and traveled through the wooden gate of time, push back the overgrown chokecherry bush, reach over and pluck a berry for a puckery taste.  Your tongue may now be purple and dry, so grab a swig of water from your water bottle and continue through the hidden door.





At first glance, a beautiful robin's egg kitchen divulges its layers of time.




Look up.  Do not miss the new residences.





With each flash of my camera, these barn swallows greet me with annoyance?





My camera was held way above my head, so I didn't really know what I was capturing.


Listen lady, knock it off, we are trying to have an afternoon snooze!

Gee, there is now privacy around here.

Layers upon layers unravel the stories of the once family filled house.



Gorgeous colours peek their heads around every corner.




Be careful where you step.



The stairs seem creaky and wiggly, be careful.



For your own safety, don't go any farther than the top of the steps.  The ceiling below the attic looks strong, but the floor above it looks uncertain.


For today, the tour ends here.  I don't want to overwhelm you!

A myriad of photos still haunt me from summer's past and demanded that, even though winter is near, many more colours, patterns and delights from our lovely day's adventure need to be shared.  Join me another day for more. Close the gate on your way out,  please!











Comments

  1. I love every single one of these images! I have been cleaning out my fathers old shed and have enjoyed photographing similar things. My very favourite of yours is 10 down..but I do love the chicks and the one above it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer seems like it was years ago! Beautiful images and wonderful tour! The images of the swallows are exquisite! Love them! :) Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts