Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Make a World of Difference




This page started off as a demonstration page for a group of recreational therapists that I was in-servicing in February.

The first step was to take time to reflect using the prompt I am.  The goal was to journal across one or two pages and then identify keywords that resonated with ourselves. Then cover up any words that we wanted to keep private.



I decided today that it was time to finally finish my demo page.  I find it really difficult to create a page I like when I am demonstrating.  I decided that instead of allowing people to read my reflection, I would reveal only some words and then rely on opaque acrylic paint, colour, textures and symbolism to tell my thoughts.




As I was writing, back in February, I realized suddenly that what I was doing was going to have a huge impact, far beyond what I ever imagined when I first started teaching visual journaling first in my classroom and now in my own studio.




There were recreational therapists from all over Southern Alberta learning how to visual journal in my studio. I suddenly realized that they would be going back to their own communities and teaching people in their community, and if the people found the process beneficial, they would most likely show their friends and then visual journaling would spread, helping many people to live happy, healthy, creative lives.

I never imagined that my passion and skills would make a world of difference, but they are.

What our leaders are asking us to do now, is to make a world of difference too.  They are asking us to make some sacrifices so the whole world will be healthy.  It may seem to some of us that the problem is not our problem, but what we do or not do does have an impact,  not only on the people around you, but also world wide.

Never under estimate the impact you have on others’ lives and how far your efforts are felt!

Comments

Popular Posts