Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Taking Chances




"You will continue to take chances and be glad that you did."  This fortune cookie quote was the first thing to be glued onto my page in my visual journal.




Next random colours, layers and marks were added to clean off my brush as I was painting a canvas.  The next step was to take a chance and use my intuition to figure out what images I could imagine in the colours and marks.  I used my trusty fine tipped marker to do this and I ended up with this nature scene.  I had a hard time deciding if I should add light and a few shadows and leaves, but finally decided to take another chance.



I was frightened that my delightful random spontaneous colours and patterns would disappear, but I am happy with the results.  The final stage was to journal.



The colours reminded me of the magical time of night just before the sun goes down, when a warm radiant red paints the landscape.



The landscape seems to glow and all of the colours change.



I am glad that I took chances!  I think that will be my mantra for this year!




Comments

Popular Posts