Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positive Places

There are a lot of positive places that I have been to or would like to visit. The art featured today is a collage that includes watercolour paint, pen and ink, pieces of paper that I was testing the paint on and pieces of maps of places I have been to, would like to go to or names that I found interesting. Map pieces of British Columbia were used to create the trees.  I loved the rainforest and the lush plants there.  Some positive places that I included are Hope, Victoria, Vancouver Island, Fort St. John, Fort Steele and Blueberry River.  I haven't visited Blueberry River, but doesn't it sound interesting and yummy?  In addition, I have also created the trees with positive places in my home province Alberta, like Calgary, Banff, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Peace River, and Fort McLeod. Other positive places used to assemble the trees are places that I would like to visit like the Canadian Shield, Quebec, Ontario, and Newfoundland. Finally, the road was paved with positive places that will hopefully lead to the road in my future of visiting are France and Italy. I created this street of houses and trees out of my imagination, but was inspired by a few different sources.  The night sky tonight had different colours and horizontal streaks so I included different horizontal stokes and colours in my sky.  A local multimedia artist I met on my "artist date" last Friday at a Coffee and Critique session put on by a group of dynamic and interesting and caring artists, inspired me to use different media. Rachel Ashe,  a visual artist from Vancouver, BC, and her altered book project reminded me that I had an old school atlas just waiting to be utilized. Visit http://rachaelashe.com/altered-book-arts/ to be inspired too!  The colour fishing sheds in PEI and Ross Lynem's Annie's House also seeded this art. http://rosslynem.blogspot.ca/  There are a lot of positive places to be, go, learn and inspire!


Positive Places

Detail 1

Detail 2

Detail 3

Detail 4

The art "Positive Places" is "soul property"
of Renee Dowling.
If you would like to use Renee's art or purchase it,
please contact her at

Comments

  1. LOVE the art Renee. darling little "Positive Places"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gena. I am thankful for your support! I hope your show goes well! How exciting! If I didn't have to spend the weekend in Lethbridge for my son's football practice for the Alberta Summer Games, I would insist in driving to Calgary to see your show at the Hyatt !

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love these beautiful creations of art! Do you suppose I get to add any of these beauties to my
    art collection? I am so proud of you and admire your creativity in your art and in your classroom!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe for a loaf of banana bread or crumb cake one can be "bought"!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts