Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positive Dreams of Happiness!

Several months back, I had positive dreams of happiness.  My mother gave me my dad's old Underwood Portable typewriter.  It took me three weeks  to find a ribbon, but I was determined to find one so I could use the typewriter to visual journal.  I learned about visual journaling from an unlikely group of people.  Their goal was to take students out of the classroom for a whole week, immerse them in the community, work with professionals in diverse fields, and to visually journal their experiences.  Suddenly, a whole new world was opened to me.  I had rekindled my desire to make art in 2008 when my son left for university, and I had started to draw, paint and colour in my art journal, but it was lacking something.  Two years later, August 2010, my art journal became more than just practising and exploring, it became a place where I could reveal my inner most feelings, thoughts, ideas and art and it didn't matter what others thought, it would be a place for me to turn to and remember how I was feeling or thinking at a certain point in my life and to use a variety of media.

After receiving the Underwood, I decided to leave the old typewriter out on my art desk, loaded with paper.  The idea was to randomly stop as I was passing my desk and type.  Sometimes it would be a word, others times it would be a short poem.  I have kept the same piece of paper in the typewriter from January until today. I visual journaled today, all day.  I created a mulit-media page for my poem that was created on the typwriter called, "January Blues".  I am not going to share it because my blog is about positive thinking.  I created a second journal page using a second poem I wrote on the typewriter using watercolour paper, watercolour paint, typewritten words, watered down glue, pen and ink, oil pastels and pencil crayons and entitled it, "I Dream of Happpiness." I will share this page because it has a poem about positive dreams of happiness!  I hope you enjoy it!

I Dream of Happiness


I Dream of Happiness
(detail)


I Dreamof Happiness
(Detail)

"I Dream of Happiness" is "soul property"
of Renee Dowling.
If you would like to use her image,
purchase it
 or have Renee create one for you,
please contact her at


Comments

Popular Posts