Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wake Up! See!

 Wake up!  See!




I recently watched a movie called “Moxie” which is about teen girls rising up and supporting each other and not putting up with inequality and inappropriate comments, actions and expectations and double standards they endure.



I have also been working with teens and have had my eyes opened wide with the things they do or have done to fit in, cope or suppress or endure in response to life experiences they have had.



One of the teens and I chose the journaling prompts “I see” and “I don’t see” to begin our pages.  We journaled on tracing paper, then highlighting significant words that stood out and that could be torn away to use on our pages.



We then created free flowing marks using a limited pallette and focused on creating contrast. I chose black, red and white and showing contrast with thick and thin lines, different tones of colour, and a variety of lines and shapes.



It is different than what I have been doing up until now, and I like that.  I am always working in different ways to figure out what my style is.



The beautiful thing about visual journaling with other people is that even though the processes used are similar, the results are so unique and personal and expressive!


Comments

Popular Posts