Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Peace and Calm



I was fortunate to finally get into an art class for which I have been on the waiting list for two years. Every Tuesday night since September has brought me peace, two and a half hours doing what I love, escaping the pressures of work and the day.

My goal is to download everything that causes me stress and keep things that make me feel empowered.  I am so pleased that I could add this experience to reintroduce peace into my life. Mental health is so important, and the loss of a loved one certainly knocks the feet from under us.  It feels so good to have more happy days than sad. Loss certainly can cause an emotional war within oneself.

This acrylic painting is of a photograph that I took while resting peacefully on my deck. I have always loved how the sunshine bounces off the branches and trunk in silver shiny way.  It is the first time I have painted in layers, covering the whole surface in one colour and then adding layer over layer and painting the sky almost at the very end in between the leaves.  I am very proud of the results and am positively at peace with the decisions I made.

With all of the turmoil in Paris, and the angst over the change of our federal government along with the unknown changes that may bring and the turbulent economic times here in Alberta,  I hope we can all positively find peace in our daily lives and continue to do that which brings us happiness!


It looks like the Easter school trip to Paris that my son has been working so hard to raise money for will most likely not become a reality.  Wouldn't you know it?  It was supposed to be that trip that I always dreamed of going on.  I was so excited for my son to go there and experience things that I never have. At least I know he will be home safe with us.

Peace and calmness to you all!

I am linking this to Paint Party Friday and Veronica's Roth's drawing challenge: Calm!






Comments

  1. As you always say to me, I say to you...Im very proud of you Kindred Spirit, for continuing on and working through the pain of loss. Your painting is glorious and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting. Tender feelingsHappy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful uplifting painting you have there, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Renee, and I'm so very happy to have you with us. That's wonderful news about your Tuesday art classes. I sometimes take an art class just for the hell of it, you know, just so I can be with like minded people and maybe pick up a few ideas. It's so wonderful to bounce ideas, techniques and inspiration around a group of people face to face. I know what you mean about art as therapy too. After going thru that nonsense last year, I'm going to be doing some art therapy with some cancer patients; teaching them how to keep their own therapy journals. SO important for well being. We all need to carry on and work thru out pain and fear. Biggest hugs to you my Canadian friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing how a build up of a painting can make a difference. i would never think of painting in the sky last, but it makes the image pop, all while it obviously means so much to you. i'm loving the warm comforting feeling streaming into my work space here, while i'm scrolling to and fro. n♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're right to be proud of it, it is a beautiful beautiful painting. I love the colours so much and find it very interesting to read that you painted the sky last. Wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that you have given yourself this gift of art class. Your painting is so lovely and yes, calm and lively all at once. So glad you could join us for this DC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Renee! I love how you captured the light on the branches. What a real shame about your son's trip. Perhaps in a few years you will both be able to make that trip to Paris:) Art is such a healing way to get through the rough times. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great piece. I have not learned to work in layers. Amazed that the sky is done last. Can not image painting between the leaves. I'm happy that you have found a way to escape the stressors of teaching a couple hours for one evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous piece of art. There is peace in it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is absolutely fantastic, love everything about it. It radiates serenity. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. and your words about you and your son are touching, too
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love your painting! I can practically feel the sunlight and the golden glow is just stunning. I'm glad you are finding peace in your life through art! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous painting with so much peace in it!
    Happy new week to you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful painting Renee. It is very peaceful reflecting the peace you cherish. Your words have prompted me to stop and notice the beauty in simpler things. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful painting Renee... I love trees so much and you've certainly captured the autumnal magical colours and light. I only just learnt about under painting this year in a class too. It has made such a difference to my painting.
    I think this is my first time visiting your blog... it was delightful. Thank you for sharing.
    (p.s. my sister is married to a Dowling!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is serene, so beautifully relaxing looking at your artwork! There are very few courses/art classes where I live which means artists tend to have contact via the web easier to chat on the other side of the world about art than with locals haha, pleased you finally got into your group after waiting so long x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to see the difference in light between the two versions.- eric

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your painting is peace-filled. Trees always make me relax. I like that you're going to an art class weekly. There is much joy in indulging our artist, and I need to do more of that myself.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this is so beautiful. Your art class sounds like a wonderful place to find peace and fulfillment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a nice and light and color filled painting and what good luck for you that you could finally join this class - very well done.
    barbara bee

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love your paintings! They have a soothing way about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts