Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Enjoyable and Addicting...


After a year of waiting, a previously painted watercolour background with a bit of crayon resist was begging me to add something to it.  Faces have always been a challenge for me, so I decided to challenge myself to draw faces and see how many different faces I could draw on two pages of my altered journal.  Noses, ugh!  Necks, ugh! Eyes, ugh!  One day I will figure them out.  A lot of my faces have an Asian look to them.  I decided to draw most of the eyes closed or looking down.  As the night progressed, you can tell my faces became less comic like and more, how would you say, grown up?  A fun exercise that I must try again!

The next night I turned the page in my altered journal and rediscovered my Owl Acoustic Cafe drawing.  The cafe is the coolest little cafe that we visit each time we visit Lethbridge.  The old pillars and fabulous wide wooden trim frame the quirky, eccentric, and retro with a twist, decor! Ugly lamps from the seventies and eighties that most people dig out of their basements in shame to try and sell at garage sales are hung upside down and have become beautiful and really cool!  The walls are decorated with record album covers, local art and photography, quotes, and of course, everything OWL!  The restaurant features delicious food and live music.  Board games are strewn around the room for people to play and linger!  Great food! Great art!  Great decor. Great memories! Great little spot!




I decided the empty page beside the the Owl Acoustic Cafe entry, completed December 13, 2013, needed to compliment it, so I began to draw owls, large and small, my imagination springing into full gear.  What fun little characters I gave the little and large owls.  Again, I must do some more soon!

Drawing the same thing over and over again is positively enjoyable and addicting!

Comments

Popular Posts