Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Playing and Creativity





This visual journal entry is all about playing.  I began with no plan except to apply some new collage techniques that I recently learned.


I made collage papers using tissue paper and ink and ordinary photocopy paper and ink. I also used music pages, an old sheet from a grain log and a novel pages. A few stencils were also used and then I applied some cheese cloth for some texture.



I also used some old doodle black and white art that no longer was precious to me.  It was time to let it go and move forward. As I tore the art, the papers kept landing, overlapping each other and formed many birds and the trees.



I drew the flowers and the little girl.



The page remained unfinished for several weeks and suddenly yesterday a quote revealed itself.  For Christmas, I received several Mr. Roger’s books and a talking Mr. Rogers and I found this very suitable quote:  “Play is an expression of our creativity, and creativity, I believe, is at the very root of our ability to learn, to cope and to become whatever we may be.” ~Mr. Rogers



May your new year be a year of playfulness and creativity.  May you learn new things, cope with what arises in a healthy way and find happiness in whatever you may be!

Live a happy, healthy, creative life!



Comments

Popular Posts