Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively In Love!


August 6th, 2013 will always be a special day for me because I was fortunate enough to be trusted with the honour of photographing my first wedding of two young people who are positively in love!

A friend and fellow teacher enlisted me to photograph her daughter's backyard wedding, knowing full well that I had never formally taken wedding photographs.  The couple was nervous about having a photographer following them around, so an amateur photographer what they agreed to!  Lucky me!

My favourite pictures are the candid photos and my friend has given me permission to post them.

I followed the advice and tips from fellow blogger Terri Mappin.  They were very helpful.  Thanks, Terri!  I also researched for several hours about how to take good wedding photos.  When it came right down to it, there wasn't much time to make fancy adjustments to the camera.  The sun kept changing, so that was a bit tricky. I experimented with RAW photography, so I hope my dear trusting friend will enjoy the photos.

I also used a tripod and an UV filter.  I learned that when I wasn't using the tripod, I should have hidden it so it didn't appear in the pictures.  Sorry, friends.

Well, enough of the chit-chat, here are the photos.





  The bride wanted to carve their initials on the tree.  Her dad advised using chalk.  The bride was so photogenic and made it easy for me!   Look at the little sparkle in her eye!




She invited her groom to join her.  He accepted the invitation!




The groom became more relaxed and joined in on the tree fun!



The Wedding Vows




I tried to capture the little moments of exchanging looks between the bride and groom that will help them to remember how they felt on this special day.












Signing the Register



I love this expression of the bride.  Pleased with herself, the documents all signed, ready to start the next chapter of her storybook life.




In triumph, the bride wanted to dance.  Look how much fun they were having. Ah, I remember when...





This is one of my favourite photos.  Look how proud Grandma is of her little granddaughter!  
Purple is Grandma's favourite colour and the flowers in the yard reflected that!





What a beauty!






After all was said and done, the bride and groom took a moment to themselves.  I snuck up the stairs to catch them in this alone time!  

Wouldn't you agree that this couple is positively in love?  I positively enjoyed capturing their special day!  Thanks dear friend for the opportunity!


Comments

  1. You did a great job and captured them exactly at the right times. I bet they're delighted with their pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denthe. I know my friend is thrilled. I was really fun capturing the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Bride and handsome Groom! Renee you did a fabulous job capturing their day! Those timeless, special expressions and moments will be with them forever in these gorgeous images! What did you think of shooting raw? Glad I could help but I think you are a natural!!!! You have a great creative eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh,, such lovely photos of their special day. you truly did capture their love and joy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful photos! THey are totally in love and how beautiful your photos are! Truly beautiful! Hope you are well! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts