Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Venting

Julia Cameron, the author of "The Artist's Way", stresses how important it is for artists to deal with frustrations, fears, negative self talk that keeps us up at night, or wakes us up in the middle of the night, or interrupts our dreams and prevents us from meeting our goals. She suggests taking twenty minutes of every day, and write and write and write to fill two pages until all of the negative is vented and permission is given to oneself to move on. This iPad creation using Paper 53, is my venting. The idea is to write what ever comes to mind, not worry about neatness, punctuation, spelling, hurting anyone's feelings, just let it go. Then as the author, keep it for later, tear it up, staple it shut, bury it, whatever. I have tried this several times, and it is amazing how messy and angry my writing starts out, but by the end, it is neat, calm, and positive. I decided to keep writing over top of my words, because they are personal, and not intended for others to read. It was a chance to move forward and clear my head. Having a bad day, month, season, pain....? Give this a try, it is really healing.


Comments

  1. When you refer to 'season' are you suggesting I try this? Hahaha! I'll give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 minutes EVERY day!? That's a lot! I think I might try it once when I'm feeling down or frustrated, it sounds like a great method. Love how you just kept writing on top of the other words.
    I answered your question about my blogtemplate on my blog, since I don't have your email (no-reply-comment-blogger). Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great. I have her books but haven't read them yet. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog and I'm so glad I returned the visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts