Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively One Line Faces (19-32)

I have been spending a lot of time drawing faces and visiting other artists' blogs that have been drawing faces too.  I have become quite a fan of one artist's technique of one line faces.  Check her faces out at http://denthe.blogspot.ca/ The whole face is positively created with one continuous line, once the pen is placed to paper, the pen does not lift until the face is done!  I have allowed myself to cross lines and double back, and I fought the urge to lift my felt pen.  It is a very good brain work out and once you get started, I guarantee it will be hard to stop.  There are soooooo many possibilities.  Where should I start on the face?.... What shape of the face shall I try next?... Will it be male or female?  Will it be .... you get the idea.  It was especially enjoyable making the faces in a handmade mini daily drawing book.  If I messed up, so what?  It is cheap paper and a book of progress.  It is positively challenging and fun to create one line faces!  Here are a few:

My first one line face!













So many possibilities, not enough time in the day.
 This art challenge is keeping me up late and I am feeling even more sleep deprived than usual.
Oh, well, I am positively in it to learn and grow, one line at a time!

The images are soul property of Renee Dowling, but inspired by
Thank you, Denthe, for helping me grow!

Comments

  1. wonderful to see your one line drawings.... i love line art also. but have only once tried a one line piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try more! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. You did an amazing job! I remember when I took a college course in figure drawing years ago, we had to do a one line drawing too! It is difficult to not lift that pen!

    Love your faces!
    Hugs,
    Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Thanks for your positive comments!

      Delete
  3. One line drawings are such fun and Denthe is a very inspirational lady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts